Introducing the Martin DRS-2 Electro Acoustic Guitar which has been designed exclusively for live performances. For over 180 years, Martin have developed and built truly high quality guitars using their limitless expertise and research. The DRS-2 has tonnes of tonal versatility and feels ultimately durable to play whether you’re on stage or not. As always, Martin have employed the best and most sustainable types of tonewood to build the DRS-2 in order to produce an impeccable acoustic sound.
The Martin DRS-2 takes on the traditional dreadnought body style which has been well revered and recognised for so many years thanks to its attractive appearance and tonal depth. Martin have employed a solid sitka spruce top for this model and have further reinforced the strength of the soundboard using their A-Frame ''X-1'' bracing technique. The inner bracing also expands the range of tones which the guitar can then produce giving it a fantastic Martin sound.
The back and sides of the DRS-2 are made up of sapele tonewood which is very sustainable and produces a range of strong low ends to more sparkling highs. Firmly joined to the body via a traditional Mortise and Tenon joint is a select hardwood neck that is shaped to a modified low oval profile which feels super easy to play. Accompanying the neck is a black richlite fingerboard with a total of 20 frets, 14 of which are open so you can access the higher notes more easily.
FISHMAN SONITONE ELECTRONICS
Beneath the soundhole, Martin have fitted the DRS-2 with the Fishman Sonitone preamp. The preamp has subtle volume and tone controls which are easy to adjust under the soundhole to suit your playing needs. The Fishman Sonitone pickup does a magnificent job of translating the crystalline acoustic sounds and tones of your guitar when plugged in, offering a balanced acoustic tone with plenty of volume for your performance when you need it.
HARDWARE AND FINISH
The Martin DRS-2 has chrome enclosed tuning machines which ensure that each string's tuning integrity is maintained with precision, and the black richlite bridge guarantees their connection to the body is assured, giving you confidence in the guitar's overall performance.
Under the soundhole is a black pickguard which looks great against the guitar’s natural colouring but also protects against dirt and scratches. To further protect your axe, it comes supplied with a free hardshell case from Martin.
Martin have nearly two centuries of experience in building some of the best quality guitars known to man using sustainable materials that will boost your playing ability and timbre. The DRS-2 electro acoustic takes you to the next level and will entice any live audience from the first note.
Martin DRS2 - Specifications
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Single Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: A-Frame ''X-1''
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Sapele
- Back Purfling: none
- Side Material: Solid Sapele
- Endpiece: Black Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: Black Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: none
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Rust Stratabond
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Standard Taper
- Headplate: Indian Rosewood Pattern HPL
- Heelcap: none
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: 1/8
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: none
- Finish Top: Satin
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed w/ Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: 345 Hardshell
- Interior Label: Paper Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone